Q&A

返却し忘れたI-94Aを返却のためDHS-CBP SBUに郵送しました。これでアメリカへの入国は問題ありませんか?

公開日 : 2015年03月05日
最終更新 :

ナイアガラの滝に架かるレインボー橋をカナダ側から渡り、アメリカ側に入国しました。入国時はアメリカ税関を通り、パスポートを提示しました。ナイアガラの滝を数時間アメリカ側から観光した後、アメリカ税関を通らずに、カナダ税関を通ってカナダに再入国しました。このためアメリカ税関でパスポートに留められたI-94Aを返却し忘れました。その数日後、エア・カナダで日本に帰国しました。その帰国便の機中でパスポートに留められたI-94Aに気が付きました。エア・カナダの乗務員にそれを見せると、それが返却すべきのもであり、返却できないとアメリカ入国が難しくなと叱られました。帰国後、DHS-CBP SBU 1084 South Road London,KY 40744 USAにドキュメントと証拠のパスポート写真を付けてI-94Aを郵送しました。観光でアメリカに入国する際、税関はスムーズに通れますか?ツアー会社はスムーズに通れないときは、自身で帰国して下さいと言っています。私はアメリカが好きですし、南米もアメリカ経由になるため、非常に困っています。アメリカにスムーズに入国できるかどうかを調べる方法はありますか?心配しなくても良いのですか?

• いいね! 0
  • コメント 2件

2件のコメント

• ここを見てください

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94

この段落で説明されています。
    We strongly urge you to keep a copy of what you send to DHS-CBP and carry it with you the next time you come to the United States in case the CBP Officer has any questions about your eligibility to enter. Carrying those materials with you will also allow your record to be corrected at the time of entry if, for some reason, the London, Kentucky office has not yet done so.

要するに次回アメリカに入国するときに送付物のコピーを見せれば、何らかの理由で処理が行われていない場合に修正してもらえるとのことです。
    少なくとも次回入国のときに、出国したことを証明するものを持参するほうがよいです。

• いいね! 0
    • コメント 1件
    15/03/07 01:52

迷わずに、、

直ぐに、アメリカ大使館にメールを書いて
    相談しましょう。
    憶測は何の足しにもなりません。
    悪意のないミスなので、
    大丈夫ですよ。
    しかし、ここはハッキリ〔領事館の方かな、〕
    聞きましょう。貴方が安心できる確証を得るには、
    これしかないのでは?
    私なら、直ぐ行動します。

• いいね! 0
    • コメント 0件
  • 退会ユーザ @*******
    15/03/05 15:25

私なら

1.返却した先にメールまたは電話で問い合わせる。
    2.アメリカ大使館に相談に行く。

どちらも無理なら

3.早急にグアムまで行って入国出来るかどうかを確かめる。

必要な手続きがあるのなら、早く処理しておいた方がいい。
    旅行会社やCAにわからない問題をここに投稿しても
    解決される可能性はほとんどないと思う。

• いいね! 0
    • コメント 1件
    退会ユーザ @*******
    15/03/05 22:08

つたない英語力ではありますが、読んでみました。

他の方が貼ってくれたリンク先を見てみると

If you departed by a commercial air or sea carrier (airlines or cruise ships), your departure from the U.S. can be independently verified, and it is not necessary to take any further action,

定期便(飛行機・船)でアメリカから出国していれば何もしなくてよい。

しかしながら、あなたの場合は徒歩での出国なので

If you departed by land, private vessel or private plane, you will need to take steps to correct the record. If you do not validate your timely departure from the United States, or, if you cannot reasonably prove you departed within the time frame given to you when you entered, the next time you apply for admission to the U.S., Customs and Border Protection (CBP) may conclude you remained in the U.S. beyond your authorized stay. If this happens, your visa may be subject to cancellation or you may be returned immediately to your foreign point of origin.

きちんとした証拠を提出して出国の事実を証明しなければならない。

To validate departure, CBP will consider a variety of information, including but not limited to:

Original boarding passes you used to depart another country, such as Canada, if you flew home from there;
    Photocopies of entry or departure stamps in your passport indicating entry to another country after you departed the United States (you should copy all passport pages that are not completely blank, and include the biographical page containing your photograph); and

カナダから日本へ帰国した際の搭乗券や入国スタンプを写真にして
    提出すればおそらくは大丈夫、ただし、considerが含まれているので
    考慮されますが、確実ではないというふうに解釈しました。

To assist us in understanding the situation and correct your records quickly, please include an explanation letter in English. Your statement will not be acceptable without supporting evidence such as noted above. You must mail legible copies or original materials where possible. If you send original materials, you should retain a copy. CBP cannot return original materials after processing.

速やかに処理するために、英文の説明書に証拠を添付して送らねばならない。

We strongly urge you to keep a copy of what you send to DHS-CBP and carry it with you the next time you come to the United States in case the CBP Officer has any questions about your eligibility to enter. Carrying those materials with you will also allow your record to be corrected at the time of entry if, for some reason, the London, Kentucky office has not yet done so.

提出した証拠は、コピーを取って保管して、次回の入国時、質問があれば
    提示できるようにしておいてください。

こんな感じの内容ではと解釈してみました。

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94